Washington County Wellness Initiative includes 11 workgroups that provide services to the Washington County Area, if you have any questions click here to contact the WCWI Coordinator for additional information.
Access to Healthcare
The mission of Access to Healthcare is that all people in Washington County who are currently uninsured or underinsured will have a “medical home” that focuses on prevention, early detection and coordinated medical care.
- To gather/compile data to make the case that Washington County has a real problem with access to healthcare
- Write grants to fund the initiatives needed to improve access to health care
- Inform the public of their options and how to best get access to health care in Washington County
- To improve and expand current facilities and healthcare systems needed to deliver healthcare services
- Work with legislators and government agencies to improve policies/laws that impact healthcare
The mission of Casa Hispana is to positively integrate Hispanics by networking information, capabilities and services, creating opportunities for full participation and contribution in our community.
- To provide assistance in order to help Hispanic individuals learn about their community, becoming a citizen and connecting with resources
- To assist community organizations by providing free interpreting, translation and case management for Hispanic individuals and families
Family Promise of Washington
Family Promise is a nonprofit and non-denominational organization for families in transition. The program provides temporary shelter hosted by host congregations. The mission is to help homeless and low-income families achieve sustainability or self-sufficiency
Poverty Alleviation Coalition
Church Women United Car Repair Project
The mission of Church Women United Car Repair Project is to assist low-income individuals with transportation needs such as car repairs, car insurance and car tags.
The vision for Project Prom is to provide the prom experience for low-income youth. The project provides girls and boys the experience of prom. For the girls, Project Prom provides the whole day, the hair, the make-up, and a little pampering. The girls receive prom dresses and the boys receive tuxedos. The prom experience allows youth to become a part of the experience, become more confident, and raises their self-esteem.
Preventative Health Partnerships is established to promote safe and healthy Lifestyles. Its primary goals include creating Safe Routes to School, creating a bicycle friendly community and working with the Certified Healthy Community Programs.
- Safe Routes to School Bartlesville (International Walk to School Day, education and promotion of safety and physical activity, grant requirements)
- Bicycle Friendly Community
- Certified Healthy Programs (Make It Your Business Workshop, promotion with businesses, community, schools, campuses, and restaurants)
- Healthy Community Incentive Grant implementation (bike racks, bike route signage, etc.)
The Affordable Housing Coalition assesses housing gaps and barriers, and maintains a housing advocacy group designed to pull community partners together to increase and preserve the supply of decent, affordable, accessible housing for low- and moderate-income households in Washington County. The mission is to mobilize community partners to increase access to affordable housing through committed action.
- Housing Resource Center
The Housing Resource Center is a one-stop-shop to help people with their housing needs and direct them to housing resources. We maintain a database of affordable housing units, applications for subsidized housing complexes and housing information such as “How to Avoid Foreclosure”, “HUD Homeownership”, “Housing Counseling”, “Guide to Single Family Home Mortgage Insurance”, “Shopping for Your Home”, and much more.
- Renter Education
The renter education program is a 9 to 12-hour course designed to help renters communicate with landlords, create a personalized plan for stable housing, plan a workable household budget that makes paying rent a priority, review rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations, and learn how to take care of a home and how to move-in and move out the right way.
- Housing Rehabilitation
The housing rehabilitation program was established to assist low to moderate income families with maintaining their homes in a safe, healthy condition that encourages pride of ownership in Bartlesville and surrounding communities. The program is designed for residents who intend to stay in their homes and is not a remodel program for resale.
- Partnership Development
The Washington County Affordable Housing Coalition provides connections and linkages that allow affordable housing partners to work together to develop and preserve housing for low and moderate income citizens through the rehabilitation of existing properties and new construction. The WCAHC aims to accomplish this by forging strategic partnerships and actively supporting policies and initiatives that promote affordable housing.
The vision of the Washington County Anti-Drug Network is that Washington County will have a continuum of services for families, children, and youth that are accessible, available, effective, efficient, and affordable to support, strengthen and build protective factors in our community and prevent youth substance abuse. Its mission is to create a better future for families, children and youth through drug prevention efforts. Currently an effort is underway to reduce underage drinking and shifting social norms.
- To reduce the number of Alcohol-related arrests/offenses in Washington County by changing policy and procedures on charges made, educating public on consequences of drinking and driving, change the social norm of underage drinking to a no tolerance policy.
- To educate the community on healthy ways to mentor to youth, strengthen our relationship with law enforcement by educating them on what our alcohol abuse data shows, and promote programs implemented to decrease drug and alcohol use in Washington County youth.
The purpose of the Washington County Association for Mental Health shall be to improve mental health by promoting the development of community programs and policies which:
- Increase availability of quality mental health services for children and adults
- Strengthen mental health workforce recruitment, retention and training
- Provide a full range of preventative mental health services
- Include inpatient and outpatient day treatment for persons with drug addictions
- Improve communication and joint planning among mental health providers.
The mission of the Washington County Suicide Prevention Coalition is to prevent suicide in Washington County through awareness, education and effective prevention, intervention and postvention.
- To reduce the rate of Suicide in Washington County.
- To have 25% of the community in Washington County trained in Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) training by 2015.
- To provide resources and awareness of suicide to citizens and business.
- Offer Gatekeeper Programs, ASIST and Mental Health First Aid, twice a year.
- Develop and Implement a Suicide Prevention Surveillance System (SPSS).
- Assist Tri-county Technology Center (TCT) in Implementing the Columbia TeenScreen.
The mission of the Washington County Transportation Coalition is to address the unmet transportation needs of Washington County in order to improve economic development and enhance quality of life. Its primary goal is to secure funding in order to sustain the pilot project and expand the routes for the flexible, fixed route bus service.
- To secure funding in order to sustain the pilot project and expand the routes for the flexible, fixed route bus service